Palestine

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Palestine

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:13 pm

As usual, Margaret Killjoy finds better words than I could.

https://margaretkilljoy.substack.com/p/ ... g-children
lady_*nix

Re: Palestine

Postby Rommie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm

I confess for me it's been such a strange time. I do think that the current war in Gaza will be, long run, a stain on the American government during this time, and contacted my reps to say so. (Not sure it does much good around here with my reps, but there doesn't seem to be much else one can do.) I also though just can't follow it all in detail, because there's nothing quite like a baby to make you start crying when you hear of other babies are being hurt. Like I remember seeing the picture of the little babies in a hospital put together on one bed for warmth once the power was cut, and not only did I bawl my eyes out it kept me in a funk for a few days. So yeah, I'm probably not as informed as I should be, but it's due to the luxury of looking out for my self-preservation.

I will say though, I mainly just feel bad for both Palestinian and Israeli citizens. This entire thing plays perfectly in both's need to hold onto power despite not being good leaders, and it's pretty clear from it that there will be no "peace in the Middle East" in my lifetime.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:53 pm

That's very understandable, Rommie.

And yeah. It's very, very bleak.
lady_*nix

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:50 pm

Here is some good news at least, the US has unilaterally started airdropping supplies: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... d-us-biden

It might be "a humiliation" but at least, G-d willing, it means Palestinian civilians will not continue starving to death.
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:27 pm

The U.S. is also going to build a port to allow easier access to Gaza and more aid to get through.

If you are interested in the history of the Palestine situation I did write a piece on substack.

The short version is you can blame the short lived league of nations and the British for the current state of affairs in the region known as Palestine.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics