Ghost jobs

Poli-meaning many
Tics-blood sucking insects

Yep... that about sums up the Government...

Ghost jobs

Postby lady_*nix » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:35 pm

Turns out I wasn't just imagining sending my resume into a black hole whenever I submitted it to some company.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220919024 ... ons-2022-9

TL;DR a lot of companies post jobs they aren't actually hiring for, in order to just "fish around", create the appearance of growth, or just out of incompetence and disorganization.

Between this and shitty resume parsing software, no wonder I haven't been able to get any jobs in the last 5 years where I didn't already know someone.
lady_*nix

Re: Ghost jobs

Postby Rommie » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:51 pm

That's so weird. You'd think it's not sustainable and not worth the trouble, but I suppose just putting up an ad and then canning the applications doesn't really cost a lot.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby lady_*nix » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Yeah, and the false outside impressions of growth might wind up paying the cost. Unregulated capitalism gets divorced from reality like that. :x
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:56 pm

I suppose one way to assess the impact of the ghost jobs and the jobs market in general is to watch wages. With inflation and labor shortages we should see wages going up. According to some sources the trend is slowing but wages are still up compared to similar periods one year previously. Inflation is also having a stronger impact on wages than normal. https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research ... n-is-high/
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Return to Poli-Tics