Plz stop with the flashing lights ouch thx bye

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Plz stop with the flashing lights ouch thx bye

Postby lady_*nix » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Since I started getting migraines I have really gotten to hating how every "cool" video has to include bright flashing lights. Yeah bro, thanks for leaving me with headaches and distorted vision for the next hour. And like that's just with migraines, which won't kill me. Imagine what it's like for someone with epilepsy. Like, bro, your video about your new OS could literally kill someone by accident. Coooooooool. :roll:

Edit: just throwing some percentages in, Wikipedia (LOL) says about 0.5% of the world's population have epilepsy, and ~15% get migraines. That's a LOT of people. And with migraines it's mostly women too, so it becomes a gendered issue.
lady_*nix

Re: Plz stop with the flashing lights ouch thx bye

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:52 pm

And you have to avoid a lot of the good things in life such as chocolate. I could give up wine because I don't drink wine. But, chocolate! :o
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Plz stop with the flashing lights ouch thx bye

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Chocolate I don't mind missing much. Soy sauce though... and miso... and kimchi... and coffee... :cry: (But at least tea is okay for me and I love it yay.)

My grievance here though is that the flashing lights issue would be, like, entirely avoidable if people would take a few extra seconds to include CWs, or maybe rethink their use of flashing lights in everything. Whereas being unable to deal with high tyramine food items is just... biological facts, you know?

Edit: honestly though me being unable to handle coffee now is probably an improvement, because I also have GERD (LOL long-term SSRI side effects) and coffee plays hell with that. Fuck though I miss the taste and the smell of it, ISTG whenever I smell coffee I get cravings.
lady_*nix

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant