Johnny Depp is an awful person and deserves awful things

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Johnny Depp is an awful person and deserves awful things

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:46 pm

So like. Aside from him having a proven history of being a scumbag, including DV. And aside from possibly bankrupting a DV survivor who didn't even name him in the article he sued over... And aside from setting a godawful precedent for any other women who go public about abuse... and aside from enabling a massive harassment and propaganda campaign that has made Amber Heard eclipse Hillary Clinton as a target for hate... Aside from all that:

Any man who talks about women the way he does, deserves to be drenched in chicken blood and dropped in a pond full of alligators.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/stat ... 51/photo/1

Seriously, fuck this guy. :cuss:
lady_*nix

Re: Johnny Depp is an awful person and deserves awful things

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:56 pm

BTW the jury wasn't sequestered. Seriously. So they were almost certainly biased against Heard by the massive MRA propaganda campaign against her.

I just... I'm so tired. Hopefully at least the appeal gets somewhere - I can't imagine it would be hard to prove outside influence on the jury, but who the fuck even knows.
lady_*nix

Postby Thumper » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 pm

By almost all accounts, Amber Heard is a complete whack job. Even her parents think so. Either through interviews or actual testimony, they were on Depp's side. I'm not saying he's not a whack job or a douche. Maybe they deserve each other. At least then they wouldn't be screwing up the lives of other people. I think the world would be a better place if the rest of us didn't know so much about their private relationship and troubles.
I feel the saddest for you, lady_*nix. You seem to be able to find utterly depressing sadness and extreme anger absolutely everywhere. That can't be fun. :cry:
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:05 pm

@Thumper

Yeah maybe she's a shit person herself, but same goes for a lot of DV victims. Doesn't mean their abuser is in the right. The evidence against Depp is vast and well established, he has a history of other abuses (incl. starting to date another woman when she was a minor), and the propaganda campaign against Heard has swayed a lot of people, incl. many who are feminists and otherwise much more aware. But it's still the same old trick, dirtying the victim and showing how she's imperfect (as if anyone isn't). And the propaganda pushers aren't going to stop with Heard, they have other women in their sights now too (e.g. Marilyn Manson's victims).

As for me, well, yeah. I've definitely been struggling a lot with depression lately, and that's almost entirely due to the state of the world. It's hard to keep a positive outlook when you're staring down the barrel of at least 4 different political guns. And TBH I kind of don't appreciate your implying that the problem is in my head.
Last edited by lady_*nix on Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lady_*nix

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:17 pm

BTW, fighting back against abuse from inside the abusive relationship is nasty and complicated and looks ugly as hell from outside. Victims do fucked up things out of anger and desperation, that doesn't mean they're on the same moral level as the abuser. And the abuser will then use this against the victim, depriving them of the help of friends and institutions. Depp vs. Heard looks like a very typical case of this on Depp's part, and I say this as someone who grew up in such a household.
lady_*nix

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 am

I did not follow the story that much. I suspect that the issue wasn't about domestic abuse as much as it was about defamation. At the end of the day, the jury was convinced that Amber Heard defamed Johnny Depp. OTOH, they did believe that someone on Johnny's team defamed Amber Heard. They seemed to have split the baby at 80/20.

Did Amber abuse Johnny? Did Johnny Abuse Amber? The two are not mutually exclusive. It does appear to have been a very contentious and toxic relationship. Is Johnny a bad person? Is Amber a bad person? One thing that seems apparent is that many people are convinced that one of them is the most horrible person in the world and the other is a victim. Of course, which one is which seems to depend.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:10 pm

Thanks for that perspective, Fisher. I wish I could have made my post sound more like yours.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:23 pm

lady_*nix wrote:@Thumper
And TBH I kind of don't appreciate your implying that the problem is in my head.

I didn't mean to imply that any problem you may have is made up. It's clear from post after post I read from you that you are very angry, very fearful, and very depressed. Those are real feelings that you are dealing with. I deal with feelings like these from time to time. It sucks. I get to the point where I try to avoid the sources that trigger these feelings. Sometimes I just have to avoid listening to the news. I know that may leave me ignorant but I'd rather trade that for not being so utterly depressed. And some things just don't matter to my day to day life.
I know you see the Depp-Heard situation as an abuser-victim relationship and is something you take very seriously and very personally. If I was being flippant, it was that maybe delving into the details of two Hollywood celebrity douches airing out their dirty laundry in public isn't worth your time. Plenty of personal issues to worry about, be sad about. I am sad that from my point of view, it seems like you go looking for things to be angry about, some that don't really affect you, some that you certainly can't do anything about.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant