Can the private sector chill out for just one minute plz

Had a crappy day? Think your only friend is the dog? Got fired? Someone piss in your Wheaties? Just need to blow off some steam and rant? Here's the place to do it. No judgement, maybe some sympathy, possibly some advice... but definitely a safe place to go off on the world.

Can the private sector chill out for just one minute plz

Postby lady_*nix » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:20 pm

Moderna sues Pfizer and BioNTech for patent infringement over their COVID vaccines:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... fringement

This entire thing is a mess, but more than anything else the constant, aggressive prioritization of profits over human life just kills me.

At least they're not suing to halt production of the competing vaccines... I think? I hope? But imagine how many lives could be saved if they just chilled the fuck out and let this be, and put the stupid litigation money into making more of the next gen COVID vaccines. Or if govts had enforced COVID vaccines not being patent protected, as basically the entire medical community recommended. Or... etc. There are like a trillion ways we could have a better world, if C-execs and shareholders would cool it about not being able to buy another Mercedes for just one. fucking. minute. You know?
lady_*nix

Re: Can the private sector chill out for just one minute plz

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:42 pm

lady_*nix wrote:Moderna sues Pfizer and BioNTech for patent infringement over their COVID vaccines:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... fringement

This entire thing is a mess, but more than anything else the constant, aggressive prioritization of profits over human life just kills me.

At least they're not suing to halt production of the competing vaccines... I think? I hope? But imagine how many lives could be saved if they just chilled the fuck out and let this be, and put the stupid litigation money into making more of the next gen COVID vaccines. Or if govts had enforced COVID vaccines not being patent protected, as basically the entire medical community recommended. Or... etc. There are like a trillion ways we could have a better world, if C-execs and shareholders would cool it about not being able to buy another Mercedes for just one. fucking. minute. You know?

They won't try for stopping those other vaccines. They just want a piece of the pie from them. Because suing for patent infringement is a sure fire way to make money.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Can the private sector chill out for just one minute plz

Postby Rommie » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:59 pm

It's a bit weird to me because it sounds like they probably don't have a case, but there's enough cash involved that you might as well give it a shot if you have billions like they do? Well the lawyers will do well with it, I suppose. Blows my mind that there's people out there who decide to waste their precious time on Earth with stuff like this though.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Bitch, Moan, and Rant