The Post

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The Post

Postby Rommie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Saw it on Saturday night, and by pure coincidence my brother and sister did too! Funny how that happened. :)

So overall, I really liked it and definitely learned a lot about the Pentagon Papers, of which I didn't know much about. (I will say Frost/Nixon may be a better film though about what Nixon was like etc, as we barely get him except for stuff I assume he said on the tapes.) They were also really good at capturing the mood of the time in little details, like the old school printing press and how the news room rumbled when it got turned on. And of course there's the parallels in politics to today- I could definitely see why they chose to do it.

But honestly, omg, my favorite part of the movie was Meryl Streep. She is my spirit animal. She made a wonderful three dimensional character of a woman who, as she said, was more than happy to have her husband run the business because that was the way things were, and then took courage to step up when things changed. I also thought it was a bit interesting when she goes into an all male board room and has all these guys subtly ignoring her competency- the audience in the theater kept murmuring and I was thinking how they'd react to seeing all the times I've gone into all-male panels today. But I digress, she's great.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments