Rush R40 Live

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Rush R40 Live

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Billed as the Inaugural Theatrical Fan Indulgence, Rush R40 Live hit theatres yesterday for a one night only show. It was basically a highlight show of Rush's final tour. Unlike some of the other Rush "rockumentaries," this one seemed aimed more at serious fans who have been lacking new albums and tours since the band retired several years ago. The live show, which consists of the band brilliantly going through their catalog in reverse, is interspersed with interviews of celebrity fans, video clips that aired at the concerts over the years, and just a little back stage, behind the scenes, or off day clips. The bloopers were for some reason more hilarious than normal bloopers. I wouldn't say it's for everyone, though I'm biased. I certainly gave it two thumbs up. The concert footage was brilliantly vibrant, and the sound was remixed impeccably (Especially if you like Geddy, his base sounded as good as I've ever heard it.) The highlight for me will be obscure for many, a very very rare live performance of Losing It off their Signals album. A hauntingly beautiful heartbreaking studio song, it absolutely brought tears to my eyes as they performed it live in New Jersey, once, featuring violinist Jonathan Dinklage on stage. The movie ran long, like a typical Rush stage show. And even though I was enthralled, I realized, I saw the last show, I know all the songs. Yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but I wanted to get to an interview, an outtake, some back stage stuff. Something I hadn't seen before. Watching Neil beat those drums fiercely, seeing the pain on his face, I get it. It made me want to retire too. :P
Last edited by Thumper on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Re: Rush R40 Live

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Cool review. The timing was good coming right on your retirement.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm sure that's why they picked yesterday for the one day release of the movie...
:P
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby lady_*nix » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:09 pm

Oh wow this brings back memories.
lady_*nix

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments