Pi's workplace featured on The Bachelorette

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

Pi's workplace featured on The Bachelorette

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:03 pm

So the thread title didn't turn you away? :lol:

In August The Bachelorette filmed a date at my work. I didn't know much about it until it aired last night because the 4 people who were allowed onsite were contractually obligated not to share any details. There was a significant portion of it in the planetarium, and my star producer spent many hours meeting their visual production demands before the taping, and staying there until 3 in the morning making up new scenes on the fly because (spoiler) she decided to send her museum date home. They then added a "sad/contemplative planetarium scene." So if you choose to watch it, and come to that scene, think of it in the context of the producers working with my staff about how to frame a sad Bachelorette, and having her come in and be sad when the director says "action."

You can watch it streaming now on Hulu!

We're actually anticipating an increase in attendance from this. There are already social media posts like "I didn't know the Twin Cities had a planetarium! I'll have to check it out!" Just in time for an already busy holiday weekend.
Last edited by pumpkinpi on Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: Pi's work featured on The Bachelorette

Postby geonuc » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:27 pm

You're now a famous TV producer! Can I have your autograph? :D
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby lady_*nix » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm

OMG congrats! Hey, maybe it will get more people interested in astronomy, that'd be cool :D
lady_*nix

Postby Thumper » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:58 pm

Not exactly why I thought you'd be famous. But any publicity is good publicity, right??
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:23 am

Wow, I can't believe how many famous people I have met just because of FWIS! :lol:

That is fantastic news PP!
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Pi's workplace featured on The Bachelorette

Postby pumpkinpi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:57 pm

I changed the title of this thread to better reflect that I did no work on this at all. One of my staff gets all the credit--except neither he nor the Bell Museum gets mentioned in the credits at all!
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: Pi's workplace featured on The Bachelorette

Postby Rommie » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:05 pm

Hah, just saw this, I'll have to check it out! :)

I never watched the Bachelor/ette until someone from my high school was on the show as a contestant. I think I told you guys about it at the time, but the point was, I remember her looking very different in terms of plastic surgery she had done, and also not very interesting at the time so it was strange to see her on a show like that.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments