Smoking Summer

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Smoking Summer

Postby Loresinger » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Just got a refill on smoking wood, so here's what's cooking. I marinated small sweet peppers, elephant garlic, baby carrots, celery, broccoli, potato, cauliflower and onion in balsamic and olive oil. They are now smoking over orange / hickory wood with oranges on top to keep them moist. Will likely serve with rice
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Re: Smoking Summer

Postby Popcorn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:27 pm

If I could reach it, boy would I give that rig SUCH a SCRUBBING!

I edited it because I saw a typo. Darned caps lock! Sorry for the harsh language!
Just another voice that got loose.
Popcorn

Re: Smoking Summer

Postby cid » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:48 pm

I rather enjoy watching those cooking shows (notably Primal Grill) where smoking things is darned near a religion. We've got a local eatery that
specializes in smoked burgers/meatloaf/the like. Tried the smoked meatloaf once -- palatable, but nothing to write home about. Someday I'm going to hit one of those BBQ joints where everything including the ice water is smoked, and order their "little bit of everything" platter just to get a real sense of what a good smoking can do to a decent cut of meat.
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Return to .... And Grill