Stop me before I cook again

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Stop me before I cook again

Postby Loresinger » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Ok most of you know I have sleep problems (working on them) but a whole week where the longest stretch I got was 3 hours contiguous made me punchy as hell. So last night I went on a cooking binge (gives food coma a whole new meaning).

Made a tropical tapioca pudding (you can soak the tapioca in ANY liquid - I used pineapple juice). Added mandarin orange and coconut on top.

Home made 'gettie sauce (for the dragon - that's for family dinner sunday)

and an OMG chicken spanikopita (sp?). I did not make the filo (not that crazy yet) but used egg, onion, feta, ricotta, greek spice, basil, dill, salt, pepper, ground chicken, garlic, olive oil and butter. Instead of doing just bottom and top crust, I added a middle layer so everything would hold together. Going to portion it today into packets for individual lunches and dinners

had hoped to make pie but that's when my body said "you are not 25 any more" yet again ... I still don't listen LOL
Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Return to .... And Grill