Green chili

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Green chili

Postby cid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 am

...aka chili verde...
There ain't no one in this here town that sells it, and d@mn3d few that's ever heard of it.
For some reason (maybe I've been watching too many old westerns), my tongue longs for the taste of green...
Had a big ol' bowl down New Mexico way a number of years back, and I'd like to savor a hot bowl
again.
Anyone know where I might order some off teh intertubes?
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Re: Green chili

Postby Loresinger » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Dance in your kitchen; play with your food
Loresinger
Mistress of the Ink

Re: Green chili

Postby Swift » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 pm

cid wrote:...aka chili verde...
There ain't no one in this here town that sells it, and d@mn3d few that's ever heard of it.

Really? Wow. Maybe we have more Mexican immigrants around here. The local Giant Eagle grocery stores carry several brands of canned green chilies and salsa verde. You can usually get fresh poblanos and some other chilies in the produce department. I do love them.

A couple of years ago I made this shrimp in green chilies recipe. It was great except for the part where I was chopping fresh chilies, used the back of my hand to wipe my forehead, and dripped chilie juice into my eyeball. Pepper-sprayed my own eye! :shock: :cry:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Return to .... And Grill