Bad Turkey

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Bad Turkey

Postby geonuc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 am

Earlier this week, I experienced what I worried was a return of stomach ulcers. But it cleared up in two days. In reviewing my dining choices immediately preceding the episodes, I now suspect the turkey. Specifically, the turkey soup I made the day after the feast. I think it went bad somehow - maybe I left it out too long. I tend to be a bit too cavalier with that sort of thing.

Anyway, not wanting to experience that pain again, I tossed all the soup and the leftover bird. This is a tragedy of monumental proportions. The soup was exquisite, if I do say so myself.

Sigh.

I think I'll seek out some nice BBQ today to console myself.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Re: Bad Turkey

Postby vendic » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:11 pm

Sorry to read that mate.

Turkey is one of those things that gives people food poisoning every Thanksgiving.
It's happened to me once but a very mild case.

Hope the bbq helps.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Well. There is Christmas. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Pretty certain vendic had some bad steak yesterday. It smelled disgusting when he cooked it. And then, this morning, when he evacuated it, all three of us almost puked. It managed to make its way through the door of the head, while it was closed. It wasn't pretty.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:06 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:Pretty certain vendic had some bad steak yesterday. It smelled disgusting when he cooked it. And then, this morning, when he evacuated it, all three of us almost puked. It managed to make its way through the door of the head, while it was closed. It wasn't pretty.

One Word: Probiotics. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:17 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
SciFi Chick wrote:Pretty certain vendic had some bad steak yesterday. It smelled disgusting when he cooked it. And then, this morning, when he evacuated it, all three of us almost puked. It managed to make its way through the door of the head, while it was closed. It wasn't pretty.

One Word: Probiotics. :P

One Word: Boat. :P
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to .... And Grill