Ad-hoc barbecue pork ribs

Can't have a bar without a Grill... So here's where we discuss great (and no so great) food. The good, the bad and the "even the dog won't eat it" mistakes of our culinary attempts...

Ad-hoc barbecue pork ribs

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Ribs slow cooked in a covered skillet with apple cider barbecue sauce, mandarin orange peel, and chopped garlic. Going to switch them over the broiler in 15 minutes or so. Mom gave up being kosher recently, so why not? :)

Also, collards to go along. Still have to figure out what to spice them with - I think the pork marinade will be waaaaay too sweet for that.

We'll see how this works out...
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Ad-hoc barbecue pork ribs

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Wow.

That is all.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby geonuc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am

:dance:
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 am

Depends on how you like things. When I was a kid growing up we jazzed up spinach and greens with a little bit of vinegar. It doesn't take much. I would start with a teaspoon or two. You add the vinegar after you have fully cooked the greens. We was poor white trash so we usually just used plain white vinegar. I suspect that if you wanted something with a different flavor you could try apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar. Balsamic vinegar might also be a nice touch. You can get those in a wide range of very sour to sweet.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Boiled spinach and plain white vinegar. Does that bring back memories of my youth...
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Return to .... And Grill