Escape from Duggarville

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Escape from Duggarville

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:28 pm

or No Longer Quivering

A tale of escaping from an abusive relationship... with God.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Escape from Duggarville

Postby Rommie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:10 pm

If you want to spend a strange few hours of your time, check out her blog. For whatever reason I became fascinated by the word/concept there of "help meet"- apparently it's a Quiverfull/LDS term where a woman should be her man's submissive servant/helper, and that's what you should raise and prepare your daughters to do. Needless to say, plenty of abusive relationships detailed in the Quiverfull literature if that's where your relationship starts.

I don't know exactly why, but something about the phrase "help meet" and actually referring to a woman as such gives me the willies even before I knew what it meant.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby FZR1KG » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 pm

It's because they confused you with misspelling of the word, correctly, it's "Help Meat".
FZR1KG

Postby Rommie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Hahaha yeah I actually had to double check the spelling there. Meat made a helluva lot more sense.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Return to Religion