Marriage Equality

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Marriage Equality

Postby SciFi Chick » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I often do a bit of shopping on Sunday mornings, and I have been gratified to see the almost empty parking lots in the churches.

This morning, every single one was jam packed. I pass by eight churches on my way to the store, and they were all full.

I can only assume it's because of Friday's ruling. :(
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Marriage Equality

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Took me a second to understand what you meant there. At first I thought it might be because people were now finally able to get married...

Good God, I'm out of touch.
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby SciFiFisher » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:47 am

Correlation does not always equal causation. I am, in a very unscientific way, inclined to agree that Friday's ruling will indeed be the source of a temporary increase of butts in pews.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:29 am

SciFiFisher wrote:Correlation does not always equal causation. I am, in a very unscientific way, inclined to agree that Friday's ruling will indeed be the source of a temporary increase of butts in pews.

Yup.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Religion