Mindboggling

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Mindboggling

Postby Cyborg Girl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Popular Muslim cleric in Russia approves of FGM...

Popular Russian Orthodox priest and popular Jewish rabbi approve of his approval.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod ... mutilation

Just... WHY. What is so goddamn awful about sexuality, that these scum would replace it with with pain and violence and rape? Why are they fighting to make the world a worse place?

:scream:
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Re: Mindboggling

Postby code monkey » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 pm

now, now gj. take a cleansing breath. now another. better? cm will explain all. (btw, nobody mentioned rape and the rabbi didn't approve of fgm, just the statement that debauchery was a problem.)

the problem is that sex is just too much fun. left to their own devices, what would people be doing? right - having too much fun. how to address this terrible problem? well, we certainly can't do anything to the sacred male organ, can we? doesn't that make the solution obvious?
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Re: Mindboggling

Postby Swift » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:56 am

code monkey wrote:the problem is that sex is just too much fun.

Tom Lehrer's "Smut"
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Return to Religion