Youth Pastor Kevin

OK... no matter what you believe... discuss it here. All beliefs, faiths and religions (and non-religions) allowed. Discuss the meaning of life, death and everything in between... just remember... not everyone believes the way that you do...

Youth Pastor Kevin

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:01 am

Get an inside look into what it's like to be an evangelical Christian. This is humor, but it's not far off the truth. :shock:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Youth Pastor Kevin

Postby Rebis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Can't view that video (probably just as well).

Brings to mind the "youth pastor" at my husband's (many months ago now) EX-church.

That guy's name was Mark. Early 40s, married, 3 children. SO immature (about "14" upstairs).

I think I may be the person who got him fired.

One day I checked the church's Facebook page. Posted is a recent (small) batch of photos from the mid-week children's/teens program. In it is Kristi, the director of that program...whose face is OBVIOUSLY and DELIBERATELY blotted out. Her face is "gone"; entirely filled in with a light tan color. Follows her hairline, jawline, etc.

That woman is maybe 44, a single (divorced) mother of 2, has an INOPERABLE BRAIN TUMOR. When I knew her, Kristi was already experiencing troubles from that tumor. She probably will be dead in 10 years.

I was rocked. :shock: I already knew a lot of nasty stuff goes on there. I immediately notified the pastor and told my husband; he was still not wanting to leave that church. Well THAT did it.

We learned Mark was fired. The "official line" was having lost his job due to not showing up for a scheduled event he was to oversee (due to a personal difficulty)...but Kristi resigned and Mark got fired very shortly after I reported that photo. Doubt it was coincidence.

It was either him or another creep named Richard (an "Elder" who frequented the program - and usually had a camera).

I knew quite a few men there have really weird attitudes towards women (despite allegedly being "progressive evangelical"), but that smacked of psychopathy.
Rebis

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 am

Glad your husband finally left there.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:22 am

To give you an idea of the video I posted, the youth pastor comes over to tell this young woman that she's not being modest enough - why? Because all the boys in the youth group are attracted to her.

He starts off the conversation asking her how her mother is doing. She responds that they're starting the chemo soon, but he interrupts her mid-sentence to go on with his agenda about modesty.

Now, it sounds just horrible when I write it out like that, and it is, but they do a good job of making horrible funny. :D
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby geonuc » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 am

"Jesus always comes first."
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 am

geonuc wrote:"Jesus always comes first."

Yup. roll:
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Rebis » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:To give you an idea of the video I posted, the youth pastor comes over to tell this young woman that she's not being modest enough - why? Because all the boys in the youth group are attracted to her.

...including HIM, no doubt.

And it's always the woman's fault. In other parts of the world, women are entirely covered except for the eyes (though sometimes that too - fine lace)...and it's still their fault (somehow). :? Can't expect men to take responsibility for staring, lusting, continuing to stare and lust; nope. He can't turn his head and look away. :roll: Women must always be held accountable (and guilty and responsible) for herself and him; etc.

He starts off the conversation asking her how her mother is doing.

Does he suspect mom might be a provocative Jezebel? Daughter following her example? :P

She responds that they're starting the chemo soon, but he interrupts her mid-sentence to go on with his agenda about modesty.

That sounds sooo familiar.

Now, it sounds just horrible when I write it out like that, and it is, but they do a good job of making horrible funny. :D

:)
Rebis

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Really? Because all I ever hear about is his second coming...
The Supreme Canuck

Postby OldCM » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Did you mean that sexually? Or am I just reading too much into it?
OldCM

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:17 pm

OldCM wrote:

It's a quote from the.video and you are definitely reading it right. :)
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby cid » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 am

I'd like to know if Youth Pastor Kevin is related to Jack Chick...
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby Rommie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Reminds me of the scene in Persepolis (comic/movie about a girl growing up in Revolutionary Iran) where she's running because she's missed her bus and the Revolutionary Police tells her to stop. Apparently the issue is when she was running her behind looked very suggestive, so she shouts back "well maybe you should stop looking at my ass!"

Always thought that was pretty kickass of said woman. :rockon:
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby geonuc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 am

SciFi Chick wrote:
OldCM wrote:

It's a quote from the.video and you are definitely reading it right. :)

I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a heathen or anything. :halo:
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Religion