Immortal

So... what are you reading these days? Anything good??

Immortal

Postby geonuc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 pm

A series of books by Gene Doucette. The story revolves around a guy who is about 60,000 years old. He can't be exactly sure but that's his best guess. So, he's seen a lot of things, met a lot of people and been a lot of people. He's immortal but not invulnerable. About the only special defense mechanisms he has are an immunity to disease and rapid healing from wounds.

It's an unusual take on the immortality theme and Doucette's guy is very interesting. He's a raving alcoholic, for one. I've read the first three in the series; there are several more to go.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Re: Immortal

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:46 pm

If I were 60,000 years old I might drink too. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Re: Immortal

Postby geonuc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:If I were 60,000 years old I might drink too. :lol:

Yeah, especially if you've been through what this guy has. He's a functional alcoholic though.

The premise of his story is a little bit stretched in that he seems to have met (or sometimes been) everybody who's anybody in history. Hard to imagine how he got around the various civilized parts of the world frequently enough to do that.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Return to Book Wurms