Life's little things

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

Re: Life's little things

Postby Swift » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:52 pm

gethen wrote:We did visit Bath briefly, but didn't really have time for the ruins.

Many people who don't have time for Bath will make a short visit instead to Shower. :confused:

:mrgreen:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Hap » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Swift wrote:
gethen wrote:We did visit Bath briefly, but didn't really have time for the ruins.

Many people who don't have time for Bath will make a short visit instead to Shower. :confused:

:mrgreen:

Or at the very least a stopover in the village of Washcloth in the county of Sink.
Hap

Postby Rommie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:41 am

Spent the day doing nothing much except reading, a touch of swimming, then dinner with family. Man, vacation is awesome- can one retire at 27, or is the correct term for such a person just "a slacker?" :mrgreen:
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 am

Rommie wrote:Spent the day doing nothing much except reading, a touch of swimming, then dinner with family. Man, vacation is awesome- can one retire at 27, or is the correct term for such a person just "a slacker?" :mrgreen:

Yes. ;)
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:48 pm

SciFiFisher wrote:
Rommie wrote:Spent the day doing nothing much except reading, a touch of swimming, then dinner with family. Man, vacation is awesome- can one retire at 27, or is the correct term for such a person just "a slacker?" :mrgreen:

Yes. ;)

Drat, so much for that plan...
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby cid » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Rommie wrote:
SciFiFisher wrote:

Yes. ;)

Drat, so much for that plan...

Besides, I had it first... :nono:
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby cid » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:12 am

Gas prices at $3.69/gal around here. Bonus points at chain #1 got me a fillup at 3.12 -- that's a 58¢ a gallon discount.
Chain #2 gave me a bonus for patronizing their sody pop dispenser, filling my 64oz insulated mug for $1.06 on their
customer loyalty deal -- the seventh (as in, the next) fillup of Diet Dr Pepper is free.

I'll take 'em for plus-points toward a good day... ;)
Dear Algebra -- stop asking us to find your x. She's not coming back - ever. Get over it.
cid
Database Ninja Level 1

Postby Hap » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 am

Nice little 200 mile ride today with the grandson on the back seat - his first ride of any real distance. He got a new helmet so he doesn't have to borrow grandma's anymore, and I got to spend the day with my favorite 6-year-old. 8-)
Hap

Postby brite » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:15 am

SonOBrite got a job at the State Fair, which means that I get to spend time with my favorite 3 year old grandson, the Poe... BTW... I now know all the words to the "Hot Dog Dance", the Doc McStuffin's song, Team UmiZoomi theme song and Bubble Guppies theme song... shoot me now....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby Swift » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 am

brite wrote:SonOBrite got a job at the State Fair, which means that I get to spend time with my favorite 3 year old grandson, the Poe... BTW... I now know all the words to the "Hot Dog Dance", the Doc McStuffin's song, Team UmiZoomi theme song and Bubble Guppies theme song... shoot me now....

You got it. :ak:
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 am

My husband thinks I'm as awesome as I think he is... this is after seven and a half years of marriage. I am truly overwhelmed. I don't even consider it one of "life's little things', but I also don't consider it worthy of a thread of its own so here we go. :mrgreen:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:My husband thinks I'm as awesome as I think he is... this is after seven and a half years of marriage. I am truly overwhelmed. I don't even consider it one of "life's little things', but I also don't consider it worthy of a thread of its own so here we go. :mrgreen:

For people that actually think I think I'm awesome, its sarcasm. Long story involving a light globe...
FZR1KG

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm

FZR1KG wrote:
SciFi Chick wrote:My husband thinks I'm as awesome as I think he is... this is after seven and a half years of marriage. I am truly overwhelmed. I don't even consider it one of "life's little things', but I also don't consider it worthy of a thread of its own so here we go. :mrgreen:

For people that actually think I think I'm awesome, its sarcasm. Long story involving a light globe...

I can't speak to how many people think you're awesome. I just know that I think you're awesome, and that's what matters. You're Mr. Right For Me after all. :mrgreen:
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby pumpkinpi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

brite wrote:SonOBrite got a job at the State Fair, which means that I get to spend time with my favorite 3 year old grandson, the Poe... BTW... I now know all the words to the "Hot Dog Dance", the Doc McStuffin's song, Team UmiZoomi theme song and Bubble Guppies theme song... shoot me now....

In a world that's not so far away...Umi City!
Yay math! Buster loves this show.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby brite » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:

In a world that's not so far away...Umi City!
Yay math! Buster loves this show.

We are more into the shapes and the counting... <sigh>
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Previous

Return to Good News