I love two moms

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

I love two moms

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Each of my kids has two good friends who have two moms. I love that they are likely going to grow up with that not being a big deal!

They don't have any with two dads, that I know of! I wonder if that in general is less common. When you have someone who can birth a child, it's a lot less hassle than adopting!
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: I love two moms

Postby Thumper » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 pm

After THIS gem, we really didn't need to talk about 2 Dads anymore. But who's going to teach the children how to spit and fart? :P
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:Each of my kids has two good friends who have two moms. I love that they are likely going to grow up with that not being a big deal!

They don't have any with two dads, that I know of! I wonder if that in general is less common. When you have someone who can birth a child, it's a lot less hassle than adopting!

I think that is definitely a factor. I don't recall when it occurred but it has not been very long that LGBT parents were allowed to adopt.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Wasn't it piecemeal, state by state for quite a while?
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm

Yes. There are still some states that refuse to bar discrimination in adoption against same sex couples too, like Mississippi, but I guess these things take awhile to go through the courts.

I don't think you're wrong in your observation about men and women btw and the biological complications for two men wanting to adopt, not to mention the expense. I know one male couple who really wants to and are opting for being foster parents.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Thumper wrote:Wasn't it piecemeal, state by state for quite a while?

Yes. One of the frustrating things for some people is that many things don't get done on a U.S. wide Federal level until the states have mostly done the trial and error process of implementing it one by one.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 am

I know my state went out of it's way to be discriminatory by making it a state statute that gay marriage was illegal, also went ahead and passed a state constitutional amendment to the same. (Ohio's constitution is a good 10 times longer than the US Constitution.) Then they passed a law making it illegal to recognize gay marriages from any other state.

Because, of course, that was the biggest problem plaguing the citizens of Ohio. :roll:
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Rommie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:34 pm

I remember that! I was still living there when that amendment came up, and it was by far the most strict in the Union- they also made civil unions between men and women illegal, IRC. Or some such silliness.

There was also a bill that didn't pass when I lived there where they wanted to make it illegal to teach controversial topics in universities or some such (read, evolution and that our founding fathers kept slaves etc). I was almost sad when it didn't pass because a history prof of mine at the time said if it did he'd teach a course just called "controversial topics in history," and frankly that sounded like a lot of fun.
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby Thumper » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeah, other states get all the headlines, but Ohio has had some doozies of ignorant, stupid, and just bad legislation.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby code monkey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 am

Thumper wrote:After THIS gem, we really didn't need to talk about 2 Dads anymore. But who's going to teach the children how to spit and fart? :P

oh thumper. dear, sweet, naïve thumper.

(yes, just a bit late to the party. as usual.)
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Return to Good News