Marrying Type

We all need to hear it... here's the place to share it...

Re: Marrying Type

Postby Thumper » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Surely.
It was never really on my bucket list.
A cousin of the bride asked me about an hour before the ceremony, "So now that you're ordained, are you going to make some money and do a bunch more?"
My initial answer was, "He|| no." But I thought that came off too negative so I just paused, fake pondered, and said politely, "No."
I did this because I was asked. I was talking to an old buddy, also before the ceremony. I was fairly nervous and getting worse in the last couple hours before the show. He asked, "you ready?" I said, yeah, I'm pretty nervous, but that's okay. It means I'm paying attention and I want to do a good job. I recalled to him when the bride asked me if would do this about 10 months ago or so and said I was a little taken aback. And we paused and looked at each other for a second and agreed, "Yeah, but how could you/I turn her down?" Once I realized that, I knew I just had to buckle down and get it done right.

But it's not something I would have ever chosen to do. I did it because I was asked. Now that it's over and I didn't screw it up, I'm proud and honored to have done it. I'm happy to have helped out the bride, her Mom, and my long lost buddy, her Dad.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Previous

Return to Good News