What's Up, I"m Drunk!

Got an amazing drink recipe? Found a great beer? What about a wine recommendation? Are you having a good old fashioned pub crawl or drunk?? Share it here...

Re: What's Up, I"m Drunk!

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:37 pm

nyah. You're ignorant. Willfully so. :P
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Officially, I am not drunk. But, last week I didn't get time to post. I made Long Island Ice Tea for myself at home for the first time. It was a pretty decent result for my first try. I really like a good Long Island Ice Tea from time to time. They can pack a stronger punch than you think. The recipe I based it on was this one

Please note there is not one drop of Jack Daniels in this recipe. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:26 am

A few days ago, vendic and I got quite tipsy on Game of Thrones ale. It's delicious, and packs quite an unexpected punch. Really caught us both off guard. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby geonuc » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:21 am

Which Game of Thrones ale? Ommegang makes several varieties.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby Thumper » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 am

SciFiFisher wrote:Officially, I am not drunk. But, last week I didn't get time to post. I made Long Island Ice Tea for myself at home for the first time. It was a pretty decent result for my first try. I really like a good Long Island Ice Tea from time to time. They can pack a stronger punch than you think. The recipe I based it on was this one

Please note there is not one drop of Jack Daniels in this recipe. :lol:
That is dangerously close to the recipe I came up with. I don't regularly put tequila in mine. My father in law loves it with tequila. In place of fresh orange juice, I used standard sour mix. One would hurt you. Two was lights out. There used to be a place that served LIIT's in a carafe for happy hour. My buddy bet me one night I couldn't create one that tasted just like those. I made one. He drank it. Then he bet me I couldn't make a second one just like it. He has no memory of the bets.
Look for the Helpers. You will always find people who are helping.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:07 pm

geonuc wrote:Which Game of Thrones ale? Ommegang makes several varieties.

I had no idea there were several varieties. I got it at The World Market, and they only have one variety there. Next time I'm in, I'll find out what kind.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:20 pm

1It's been so long since I tied one on that one shot of vodka and a few tastes of sake has me looped! But I'm not having cramps from my gastroenteritis anymore, so yay!
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:03 am

I'm a loser Baby, so why don't you kill me?
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:26 am

SciFi Chick wrote:I'm a loser Baby, so why don't you kill me?

:o smack: SNAP OUT OF IT! :P
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Cyborg Girl » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:56 pm

... WTF?

*hugs SFC*
Cyborg Girl
Boy Genius

Postby Swift » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Gullible Jones wrote:... WTF?

*hugs SFC*

It's a song by Beck; I don't think she is attempting suicide.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby Thumper » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Oh, sorry, sometimes I don't realize that everyone else isn't on the same page. As much time as some people here spend with their noses buried in their computers on endless searches, I figure there is nothing that I could possibly know that everyone else doesn't already...
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:49 pm

I will admit i did not know it was a song reference. But I was pretty sure it was a reference to something. :lol:
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Thumper » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Congratulations, you've obviously found something other than the cookie cutter "classic rock" stations to listen to. I hear that song about 4 times a day, every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:40 pm

I remember ages ago making a Long Island Ice Tea sorbet. I made it early on a Saturday morning. Step one combine 1 cup of each booze and bring to a boil. I was getting drunk off the fumes. I didn't boil it long enough, the mixture never froze up enough. Had friends over for a bbq that evening, I ended up serving Long Island ice tea slushes, by putting the mixture into highball glasses and adding a bit more booze.

Expo '86, a group of us were downing Long Islands by the pitcher at the Unicorn pub on site. The first couple of pitchers didn't last long, everyone just stuck a long straw into the pitcher and they emptied in no time. Later ones lasted longer and we had no problem singing along (no matter whose ears we hurt) to The Rovers' tunes, that the band were playing.
Parrothead

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Long Island Ice Tea slushes sound fun, if not dangerous.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Seasonally, it's Great Lakes Monster Imperial IPA time. For year round drinking, I'm getting very partial to Rhinegeist Truth out of Cincinnati.
-Mr. Rogers' Mom
Thumper
Ichi-Ban Tomodachi

Postby Parrothead » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Beerwise, I usually stick to Carlsberg or Moosehead. My seasonal cocktails: Caesars, Mint Juleps, vodka and tonic or gin and tonic. My sis gave me a can of apple cider which had some kick to it ( 7% alc. ) Beer for after finishing some outdoor work (been a hot summer with not much rain). Cocktails weekend afternoons/evening.
Parrothead

Postby SciFi Chick » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Swift wrote:
Gullible Jones wrote:... WTF?

*hugs SFC*

It's a song by Beck; I don't think she is attempting suicide.

I don't know how I didn't remember to come back in here. I guess because the vodka hit so hard that I forgot I was the one who posted in here.

But yes, you are correct Swift. I was referencing the song, not some desire to die. :lol:

Much better now. Very excited about visiting the doctor on Monday and getting things sorted out before we move onto the boat in less than two weeks. :shock:
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:47 am

Not yet, but I'm definitely working on getting tipsy. I'm surrounded by snoring. I really need to research noise cancelling ear plugs, or I'll go insane on this boat. :D
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFiFisher » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:26 am

SciFi Chick wrote:Not yet, but I'm definitely working on getting tipsy. I'm surrounded by snoring. I really need to research noise cancelling ear plugs, or I'll go insane on this boat. :D

Ear Plugs rock. Even the basic soft foam ones will probably give you a better result than you think.
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Parrothead » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:20 am

Not sure drunk, but been buzzed pretty much of the past week. Relative has been visiting from US. Most afternoons, having double Black Label scotch and waters at a bar (walking/staggering distance away) and back here we havwe polished off two and a half L of vodka by drinking straight shots and vodka martinis.

CHeers! :cheers: I gotta go crash for the night.
Parrothead

Postby code monkey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 am

Parrothead wrote:Not sure drunk, but been buzzed pretty much of the past week. Relative has been visiting from US. Most afternoons, having double Black Label scotch and waters at a bar (walking/staggering distance away) and back here we havwe polished off two and a half L of vodka by drinking straight shots and vodka martinis.

CHeers! :cheers: I gotta go crash for the night.

only 1 relative?!! 2.5 l of vodka + drinks at a bar?! walk(stagger) with pride! (and leave your livers to the foie gras research institute.)
and still i persist in wondering whether folly must always be our nemesis. edgar pangborn

come gentle night. come loving black browed night
give me my romeo. and when he shall die
take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine
that all will be in love with night
and pay no worship to the garish sun. william shakespeare
code monkey

Postby Parrothead » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:39 am

Yeah, but like I stated it was over the span of a week. So it wasn't too bad. Mornings required some eye opener coffee with Bailey's to clear cobwebs, as well. Vacation is now over. Liver and kidney are most likely happy.
Parrothead

Postby vendic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:25 am

Ah.
Her I am, druunk on my own. With the only other woman I've ever known.
Seems like when you don't drink much it doesn't take much.
Chop suuey chicken and wine/sangria, with the heat I've been thrown overboars.
ay. Where's Norm?
wtf Norm. don't you lub us no more.
Thanks for all the fish.
vendic
PIA

PreviousNext

Return to The Sand Bar