What this drink reminds you of

Got an amazing drink recipe? Found a great beer? What about a wine recommendation? Are you having a good old fashioned pub crawl or drunk?? Share it here...

What this drink reminds you of

Postby FZR1KG » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Today we were working on removing some dry wall (plaster in Oz) and decided to have a beer.
Got out two Stella Artois bottles and popped them open.
Now its been a while since I've been to the Australian outback but the aroma of the beer took me right there, at our friends property on a hot Summers day hunting.
Next time you crack open a Stella, have a good smell of it.
It has strong hints of outback Australia in it.
In particular it smells like male Kangaroo piss.
No joke.

So I figured i'd start a thread about the various smells/tastes of alcohols that remind you of something completely different to the alcohol itself.
So you can't say opening a Stella reminds you of that time 20 years ago when you were drinking Stella with your mates.

Feel free to say that Bud light reminds you of the subtle scents of a faulty septic tank :D
FZR1KG

Re: What this drink reminds you of

Postby Rommie » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 pm

You know Stella is "the wife-beater beer" in Europe, right? Makes sense that it caught on in Oz then. :P
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby geonuc » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 am

So Stella smells like an old copper mining town? That's my recollection of the outback.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 am

geonuc wrote:So Stella smells like an old copper mining town? That's my recollection of the outback.

No. It smells like kangaroo piss mixed with the scent of grass. He wasn't using hyperbole when he said it smelled like kangaroo piss, and he wasn't trying to be funny. It actually does, and while it doesn't make us want to drink kangaroo piss, it does make us homesick for the outback.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to The Sand Bar