Wish List

Just what it looks like...

Wish List

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 am

Alrighty - we've got a bug list, and I've seen a couple topics asking for stuff. I reckon we need a wish list. Not urgent like bug reports, but it's here for when those who can, are able to implement new fun features.

We've got a running away smilie request.
We've got a spoiler warning request that will work with both skins.

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to implement one of those things where you have to type something in when you register to prove you aren't a bot. Would that cut down on spammers, or do they take the time to sign up properly and still inundate boards with their shit?
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: Wish List

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:53 pm

There are a couple of other smilies I'd like, but I don't know how hard it is to add. If it isn't, I can go find them for them to be added.

I would like it if when you clicked on a link it opened it in a new tab or window, not the same one.
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Postby SciFiFisher » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:52 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:I'm wondering if it would be helpful to implement one of those things where you have to type something in when you register to prove you aren't a bot. Would that cut down on spammers, or do they take the time to sign up properly and still inundate boards with their shit?

The board is already set up to use CAPTCHA i.e."type in the characters you see" to register. Sadly, for $3 per day there are people who will happily subscribe to places like this to spam them. Some of the smarter bots can even beat really basic captcha software. :cry:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby Rommie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I'd love the old FWIS smilies back if that's a possibility. I keep instinctively looking for :happy: or rofl and coming up short...
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby brite » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 pm

I have the old smilies saved on the desk top (I'm on the Mac, right now...) I'll see if I can get them loaded later this week...

The link thing is a matter of opening the progamming itself and inserting a pit of code into certain lines... While doable... it's a pain in the ass... Again... something I'm hoping to do either later this week or next week... I've been working on a couple of other projects using Joomla and Drupal, and they are making me nuts... phpBB is like a vacation!
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Return to Feedback