My avatar

Just what it looks like...

My avatar

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I know we have a thread somewhere about avatars, but this board has a crappy search engine and when I try to search avatar it tells me the word is too common. I even tried avatar iky, assuming that we mentioned his name in the discussion, and got the same message.

Anyway, I am getting sick of looking at Tom Sellek. I really miss my old one, but the issue is that it was animated. Does anyone have a version of it as a screen capture or a image file I can use?
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: My avatar

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Well, do you have the animated file? I assume it was a gif. It's dead simple to pull a still frame out of that to use.
The Supreme Canuck

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Iky made it so I never had it.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 pm

Ah. Got it. That's tougher. I pulled FWIS 2.0 up on the Wayback Machine to see if I could pull your avatar from there. No dice - none of the threads were archived, and your profile was only archived once... and the Internet Archive machine that it's on is apparently down at the moment. I'll try again later.
The Supreme Canuck

Postby Rommie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah if anyone has a copy of mine I'd take it too. I mean I like my galaxy too, but that was a work of art...
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Sorry, Rommie - looks like your profile page was archived on the same busted machine as pumpkinpi's. The error page that I'm getting looks different today, though, so that might be progress. I'll try again tomorrow to grab both avatars.

Anyone else want me to try?
The Supreme Canuck

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:52 am

Okay...

Looks like you're out of luck with the Wayback Machine, Rommie. I can access an archive of your profile page from FWIS 2.0, but it's from 2007 and doesn't look like there's an avatar attached to it. Sorry about that. Link

Pumpkinpi, your profile is still unavailable. The archived pages seem more recent, though, so if they do become available, there's a better chance of snagging your avatar. I'll try again tomorrow.
The Supreme Canuck

Postby brite » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 pm

I'll see if I can open up the archives I have saved on the big machine later this month (before I go to FWIS FWY/Family Reunion/Cookie visit) and retrieve them... :) Right now, I have 3 grandkids... One being the Poe... who, if I take my eyes off of him for more than 3 seconds will get into something that he shouldn't....
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby pumpkinpi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:01 pm

brite wrote:I'll see if I can open up the archives I have saved on the big machine later this month (before I go to FWIS FWY/Family Reunion/Cookie visit) and retrieve them... :) Right now, I have 3 grandkids... One being the Poe... who, if I take my eyes off of him for more than 3 seconds will get into something that he shouldn't....

No hurry! Put this at the bottom of your to do list and keep those grandkids way up top!
pumpkinpi

Postby The Supreme Canuck » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:09 pm

...aaand the Wayback Machine is a bust for you, too pumpkinpi. Sorry.
The Supreme Canuck

Return to Feedback