Links

Just what it looks like...

Links

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

IIRC, on the old board, when you clicked on a link, it opened in a new window (or tab) as the default. On this one, it goes to the linked page in the window you are currently in, which I find annoying. I know I can right click and pick open in new tab or window, but I keep forgetting.

I don't think it is something with my browser, since other places work different (like CQ, though that isn't using phpbb).

Not a big deal, and maybe others like it this way, though I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks,
Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Re: Links

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I hate it this way, and it definitely wasn't like that on the old board. Not a huge priority, obviously, but something to look into when the dust has settled. :D
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 am

You know... it wasn't something I thought about when I was setting things up. Let me look into it... it's probably nothing more than clicking a button... :)
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 am

That would be nice. It's always fun when things can be fixed by clicking a button. Although, after what Cookie posted... I think I wasted 10 minutes pushing that button. rofl
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:06 am

It's NOT a matter of clicking a button... it's a matter of hard coding (find line 519 in this file, insert this bit of code... in this file, find line 2594, insert this bit of code). Not tonight... and maybe not for another week or so... Sorry... for now... right click of the mouse, folks.
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby SciFi Chick » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:10 am

brite wrote:It's NOT a matter of clicking a button... it's a matter of hard coding (find line 519 in this file, insert this bit of code... in this file, find line 2594, insert this bit of code). Not tonight... and maybe not for another week or so... Sorry... for now... right click of the mouse, folks.

Well damn. Couldn't be fucking easy could it? 8-)
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby brite » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:48 am

Just once... I'd like for it to be easy.... Just once...
brite
Wild Pixie in Action

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 pm

It can be done in one click--on our end! Click your middle button people! :lol:
Oh wait--then we have to do a second click to get to the new window. What a pain. :roll:
Boy are we lazy!
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 am

pumpkinpi wrote:It can be done in one click--on our end! Click your middle button people! :lol:
Oh wait--then we have to do a second click to get to the new window. What a pain. :roll:
Boy are we lazy!

Is it lazy or just a desire for efficiency? :P
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 am

I like how all the smilies look like alien heads now. :lol:
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby Swift » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 am

SciFi Chick wrote:I like how all the smilies look like alien heads now. :lol:

All your smilie are belong to us.

Never, ever forget: we did this. This is what we can do.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world. - Henry David Thoreau

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Swift

Return to Feedback