The Conners

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The Conners

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:08 pm

I think I was the only Roseanne fan here, so this may be an irrelevant post, but I'm really enjoying "The Conners." The first episode was rough, because it was really sad. But they hit their stride on this episode, and I hope the show makes it. Of course, I tend to be in the minority on this sort of thing, so I won't hold my breath. But it's good, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I have always related to the character of Darlene and I still do.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Re: The Conners

Postby SciFiFisher » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:46 am

I enjoyed the original series. I may get a chance to check out the new iteration i.e. The Connors.
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 am

SciFiFisher wrote:I enjoyed the original series. I may get a chance to check out the new iteration i.e. The Connors.

If you enjoyed the original series and you think of the character Roseanne vs. the actress, you will definitely enjoy this. I cried during the first episode, because I was watching a beloved character die. I loved the second episode, because, as I said, I relate to Darlene just a little bit. I'm sure Becky does as well. It's a sarcasm thing. Plus, they've brought in Justin Long who I love!!!
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 am

Three episodes in and I am loving it. It's now a solid ensemble piece. Instead of getting glimpses of the other characters, they get to shine. I enjoyed Roseanne. I really did. I'm enjoying this just as much, and if they keep on at this rate, I'll enjoy it more.
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby geonuc » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:15 pm

SciFi Chick wrote:Three episodes in and I am loving it. It's now a solid ensemble piece. Instead of getting glimpses of the other characters, they get to shine. I enjoyed Roseanne. I really did. I'm enjoying this just as much, and if they keep on at this rate, I'll enjoy it more.

My wife is a fan of the show, so it's not just you. ;)
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:15 pm

geonuc wrote:
SciFi Chick wrote:Three episodes in and I am loving it. It's now a solid ensemble piece. Instead of getting glimpses of the other characters, they get to shine. I enjoyed Roseanne. I really did. I'm enjoying this just as much, and if they keep on at this rate, I'll enjoy it more.

My wife is a fan of the show, so it's not just you. ;)

Your wife has good taste in comedy. ;)
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments