The Passage

Movies, music, film strips, anime... whatever... share it!

The Passage

Postby pumpkinpi » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 pm

This is an awesome trilogy by Justin Cronin.

The Passage
The Twelve
The City of Mirrors

The book takes place alternately between 100 years in the future after vampires (not the kind we're used to) have taken over the world, and the present day explaining the government f*&kup that got us there.

It's being made into a TV series on Fox. I'm always skeptical of adaptations. But this preview gave me chills, and I am super excited!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHeJzB ... q7pFX5q3b4

Coming to Fox January 14.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Re: The Passage

Postby Rommie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:56 pm

I read the first book, and it was really good, but I legit had nightmares for a little while after reading it. And, no joke, this was when I was doing my masters, so I was in my mid-20s. And then I never mentioned it to anyone, because who the hell gets nightmares in their mid-20s from a book?!

So I never read the later two, but wonder how it went. Definitely would make a good TV show, but I think we've established I probably shouldn't watch it. :P
Yes, I have a life. It's quite different from yours.
Rommie

Postby SciFiFisher » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:08 am

Rommie wrote:I read the first book, and it was really good, but I legit had nightmares for a little while after reading it. And, no joke, this was when I was doing my masters, so I was in my mid-20s. And then I never mentioned it to anyone, because who the hell gets nightmares in their mid-20s from a book?!

So I never read the later two, but wonder how it went. Definitely would make a good TV show, but I think we've established I probably shouldn't watch it. :P

I was about 20-21 when I read Salem's Lot by Stephen King. It definitely gave me bad dreams and fear of "bumps in the night" for a few nights. The movie was fairly scary too. :lol:
"To create more positive results in your life, replace 'if only' with 'next time'." — Author Unknown
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." — Vernon Law
SciFiFisher
Redneck Geek

Postby pumpkinpi » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:14 am

Rommie wrote:I read the first book, and it was really good, but I legit had nightmares for a little while after reading it. And, no joke, this was when I was doing my masters, so I was in my mid-20s. And then I never mentioned it to anyone, because who the hell gets nightmares in their mid-20s from a book?!

Don't watch the trailer, then! :lol:

For the book, you should have done what Joey did when The Shining got too scary for him. Put it in the freezer.
Too bad ignorance isn't painful.
"Standing at the forefront of human ignorance." Daniel and Jorge Explain the Universe
pumpkinpi

Location: 100 meters closer to the north pole than the equator

Postby geonuc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:06 pm

I must have liked it because I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. But I can't recall anything about the book, even after reading the synopsis.
geonuc
Resident Rock Hound

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:18 pm

geonuc wrote:I must have liked it because I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. But I can't recall anything about the book, even after reading the synopsis.

I hate it when that happens. Maybe you should take your own review and read the book. ;)
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Postby SciFi Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:This is an awesome trilogy by Justin Cronin.

The Passage
The Twelve
The City of Mirrors

The book takes place alternately between 100 years in the future after vampires (not the kind we're used to) have taken over the world, and the present day explaining the government f*&kup that got us there.

It's being made into a TV series on Fox. I'm always skeptical of adaptations. But this preview gave me chills, and I am super excited!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHeJzB ... q7pFX5q3b4

Coming to Fox January 14.

How did I miss this series?! I've seen the trailer, but I wasn't sure if I wanted another series. Now, I do. Also, big fan of Mark Paul Gosselaar. He might have started out on a stupid show, but he's blossomed into a damn good actor. I think I'll watch and then read, because the book's always better, and Fox has a habit of cancelling good shows, so I'll have something to look forward to if that happens. LOL.
"Do not speak badly of yourself, for the warrior that is inside you hears your words and is lessened by them." -David Gemmel
SciFi Chick
Information Goddess

Return to Lights, Camera, Comments